Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm Still a Total Geek.

Got my new fancy, super smart pen in the mail today -- a LiveScribe Pulse Pen. It's a pretty neat little thing. Of course, I was totally excited when I saw my work colleague show me his, but when I was telling the Slacker and others, they were all, like, "oh, yeah, I've heard about those" or "oh, yeah, my boss has one" or "oh, yeah, those are pretty neat." Once again, though a total geek, I was completely out of the loop.

But I don't care. I still get excited by new-to-me technology! So there! And my enthusiasm convinced my boss, so we both have one now! We'll see how it works out. I'm not in as many meetings as I used to be (oh, if only I'd had one of these when I was Project Director or implementing Banner). But workflow, business analysis, etc. can still benefit.

On a separate note, AMERICAN IDOL is BACK! This week, Chicago auditions. I'm finding they aren't as painful to watch as in previous seasons -- okay, maybe the are (as I listen to someone singing Tiny Tim as his audition). I'm not a big fan of the auditions, so I look forward to when the real competition begins.

Bring it, Simon!

2 comments:

Cheryl Czekala said...

OK, so I know I am the Luddite to your Total Geek, but I do not get this pen!?

ilandman said...

{{Beth}} When is your audition ;-)