Friday, December 28, 2007

Eons and Eons and Eons

Okay, yes, it has been eons since I updated my blog. I've wanted to. Really, I did! I've just been so busy. I can hear it now: "Yeah, right, sure you've been busy. You're just lazy. You just don't want to do this blog thing anymore. Whatever ."

So, just to set things right, here is the update:

* Work is hell. December and January will probably be the worst two months of this project. 12 hour days and weekends are the norm.

** Had my 40th Birthday! Woo Hoo!!! I don't look or act 40, so all is good in my world. Had a big party at my place and then on the actual day, went to Gary Danko's for a dinner that was just lovely.

*** Got promoted.

**** Had another Thanksgiving Dinner that couldn't be beat (see picture below).

***** Went to an awesome Christmas Party at my friend's house.

****** Spent Christmas Day with my Slacker Bro. Played WoW. Had yummy crab cakes for dinner.

Now I'm caught up.

We're supposed to have the week between Christmas and New Year's off, but I'll be helping the team out as the prepare to go live with Human Resources in our new system. Please let it all go well... I don’t want us to go the way of Arizona State, though I can say that we have tested and tested and compared and compared person by person by person by person.

No real plans for New Year's yet. Probably just hang out with the Germans or some other friends. I'll worry about it later. :-)


Roberto titled this picture, "Down it Goes", and boy is it going down... and all the excited expressions can do nothing to stop the great Jenga collapse. This is what comes after eating another Thanksgiving dinner (just before Christmas) and consuming large quantities of wine and spirits... yes, Jenga. Welcome to my world.

No comments: