Thursday, May 1, 2008

Oh, a Holiday!

Finally on a little holiday! Rented a little place up in Cazadero. It's super cute and cozy. Just two bedrooms with an okay sized kitchen and living room. So far it seems to meet my requirements. Wish I could get a fire started, though. Flute is open, but still smoking up the house. I'll wait for the troops to arrive (MH & EI). Went out to the hot tub for a nice little soak. Now I'm ready for bed, but it's only 8:50 and the guys aren't here yet. So, I'm cooking up some dinner so it will be ready when they arrive.

I plan to spend most of the week relaxing: a.k.a. going to the beach, crafting, reading, perhaps playing some WoW, chilling in the hot tub and sleeping late. I'm working on two scarves at the moment, as well as a cross-stitch project. I recently purchased a light with attached magnifying glass to help with the crafting. It is supposed to help reduce eye strain.

In terms of reading, I've got a bunch of books: the Already Dead books by Charlie Huston; Haunted, by Chuck Palahniuk; and a few others. Plenty to keep me occupied.

Already miss the kitties. In fact, the one thing that would make this place perfect is if I could have had my girls with me. Sigh. but they are in good hands, so I know they will be fine.

Will post some holiday pics once I have some.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you enjoy your vacation. I miss you here, though. I have some counted cross stitch kits. I will show you when you are back to see if you are interested in any of the patterns. The threads are included.
What a day. I feel like giving up...

thistle said...

I have been slacking on reading your blog.... but am now inspired to get mine going again... hmm.. but WHEN will I write, thats really the question isnt it....

YAY for holidays!