Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Back in Jersey

Well, I made it to NJ without any issues.

The only excitement during the whole journey was the Super Shuttle ride to SFO. The driver was a little early so I ended up rushing to get dressed. This was not a problem for me as I was pretty much ready, just lacking, well, pants. Being ahead of schedule for one of the passengers, however, proved to be more of an issue. When we got to the third stop after my pick-up we were about 10 or 15 minutes early and the person being picked up wasn't ready. This other passenger, who was sitting in the back row in the seat closest to the door, started to complain about how the rest of us shouldn't be inconvenienced because this other person wasn't ready. Despite being told that the pick up time was scheduled for between 8:00 and 8:15, she felt we shouldn't have to wait around. When the new person came out - at about 8:02 - this other woman barely moved so the girl had to climb over her to get into a seat. I thought to myself, "Talk about inconveniencing people." I mean, really, you can't move in? "Maybe she gets off at one of the first airlines." That's me, giving her the benefit of the doubt. We get to our last pickup and the driver asks her if she can move in so the guy can get in, but all she does is purse her lips and move her knees so this tall guy has to climb all over her. I raised my eyebrows. All of us except miss sour puss chatted nicely with each other - it seemed appropriate we acknowledge each other as the van was at full capacity with 7 passengers and the driver. When we got to SFO, sure enough Miss Can't-Be-Inconvenienced was getting off at United, the last of the stops. I hope she got a middle seat on her flight and was bookended by two really big, smelly guys.

But all was fine for me. I got through security without having to have a body cavity search, strolled through the terminal in my Ativan-inspired chill mood, bought some new noise-canceling earbuds (which I do not regret at all), and then boarded the plane to my first class seat. Oh, here was some drama - people sitting in the wrong seats! Hah hah hah. Don't people look at their tickets? I mean, really, there are only 16 seats in first class, how hard can it be?

Snow tops! Yay!
Fluffy! Blue!

I read for a while, looked out the window, had lunch, read some more and then napped a little and suddenly we were landing. My luggage was the sixth bag out - yup, take that, sixth out - and then I was in a cab on my way to Maplewood.

Adele had made some fresh chicken noodle soup and I enjoyed a bowl of that. Yes, I am spoiled. We caught up, planned our errands for Wednesday, and then I went to bed.

Sleeping the dreamless sleep of the damned.

End of Day 1.

 

No comments: