Saturday, November 2, 2013

So Much Jersey Stuff, Part II

Since I'm already in Connecticut, I need to get myself moving with these postings!

Where was I? Oh, yeah, it's now Tuesday and I'm off to NYC with my second cousin, Kara, to meet up with Mr. V. (aka Michael VillaseƱor) for a visit to the Met. Kara and I took NJ Transit from Red Bank to Penn Station, New York, where we loitered outside of Madison Square Garden for Michael.

Diggin' the light on this building. Not to mention all the ACs in the windows.
The "cawna".
Kara and Michael at the NJ Transit entrance to Penn Station.

Once Michael showed up, we cabbed it over to the museum. The Met is huge. I'm sure it wasn't that big last time I was there! Kara kept track of the different exhibits we went through, but so much of it is a blur to me: Egypt, the American Wing (sigh), Impressionists (always beautiful), the special Balthus exhibit (meh), and heaven only knows what else. I took a bunch of pictures, but I'll only bore you with a few sculpture related shots.

This is some big wig Egyptian chic, but I can't remember which. Kara would know.
The goddess, Sakhmet.
Diana, the Huntress.
I think this was from the Cyprus collection.

Then, once I exhausted myself completely, we cabbed it back to the station and hopped the train back to Red Bank. (Side note: I managed to get out of the Met Store without selling my soul to my credit card company.)

From the crazy cab - and I do mean crazy.
More lovely light.

So Much Jersey Stuff has one more episode coming, I just have to download some photos - more Island Heights, some Seaside Heights boardwalk pics and even some Sandy Hook shots.

 

No comments: