Sunday, September 30, 2007

How Time Flies...

While I only have a few days in Tomales Bay, coming home on Friday still provided me the weekend for chilling out. On Saturday I went to my friend's son's 6th birthday party. Let me just say this, kids can have fun in all sorts of environment. The birthday boy was supposed to have a pool party but the weather decided not to cooperate (in San Jose? Come on!!!). Rain and nippy temperatures pulled the party into the Pool House. Did this stop all those 4, 5 and 6 year olds from having a good time? Heck no. The big blow up wading pool SP bought was blown up and, even without water, the kids managed to have tons of fun. Just see the birthday boy below!


Sadly, the weekend went way too fast and before I knew it I was back to work. Sunday night I was trying to come up with some creative excuse I could use to get out of work. The winning idea was to just not go to work on Monday and when someone called to look for me I would say, in a surprised voice, "What do you mean it's Monday?" Needless to say, I didn't actually use the excuse. I dragged myself into work, back into the fray.

And the week wasn't just work. The parents arrived from the East Coast Tuesday night and basically every night I was doing something to entertain them. Of course I enjoy hanging out with them, but after a full day of work spending the evening socializing over and over is exhausting. By Friday I was done. On Saturday, however, I was having a BBQ, so there was little hope for a relaxing weekend. In all fairness, the BBQ was tons of fun. Everyone showed up, there was plenty of food, we drank too much, and my friends managed to clean out my backyard by burning everything they could find in my Weber. Any effort of mine to keep the fire down pretty much fell on deaf ears. Luckily my house is still standing.

So that's my catch up. Today I'm off to see In the Valley of Elah. I'm looking forward to it and will report back afterwards. I also finished the scarf I was making my stepmother. It's really pretty. I'll post a picture of it later.

1 comment:

Just Me Mike said...

Ah, the joys of being young. I'm glad you're back, the office is calm again.