Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Chill 4th

I had a pretty nice and chill 4th of July this year. While the usual suspects were enjoying the great outdoors up at Lake Siskiyou, I stayed in the city just in case anything happened during our data/voice cutover. Nothing happened - went smooth as can be, I'm relieved to say (good job, team!), and I didn't have to put my feet on campus once over the weekend (at least as of now).

And for your viewing pleasure, John at the Lake Siskiyou camp ground in 2005 -- just a taste of what I missed out on this year...


Suie sure has a charmer in that John... :-)

On the 4th, Mojo, K and I went to the Park Chalet for a mid-afternoon meal with fun conversation and cocktails. I hadn't seen K in a long time and the three of us had some fun chats -- like, what would you be willing to change if you were in a relationship? Yikes. I won't go there again and the replies are safe with me, for now. We then went to see Hancock, which was fun, until the end, which was a bit too much. We ended the day at K's loft in the C of O. Mark Z came over and the 4 of us went to Jack London Square to watch the fireworks -- sweet -- and then spent the next 3.5 hours playing word games. That was actually a lot of fun. Mark Z has the vocab down -- seriously.

Today I spent with the Slacker just chillin before heading over to G's place for dinner.

All in all, a nice weekend so far.

Oh, and I was introduced to The Wire by the Slacker and now want to watch the whole first season back to back. Sigh. The tiny obsessive bit of nature rearing its ugly head.

No comments: