Thursday, March 14, 2013

Bored at Home

I'm home sick today. Annoying headache and my stomach is bothering me. Plus I'm bored. Whine.

I watched last night's A.I. Candice and Kree blew all the other performances out of the water.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day in the city, so I took a few pics from the Lone Mountain patio looking north and east. I never get tired of this city.

On Monday we had our work-place "Almost Annual Chili Cook-Off". There were ten cooks this year and the competition was fierce. I thought my chili was good, but it wasn't good enough. I didn't even place. *Sniffle.* I voted for my favorite and apparently most others agreed with me as she won. Business & Finance took 1st and 2nd place, their first wins, and ITS took 3rd. Even though I didn't win, I thought my chili looked lovely. I'm going to have to work on my recipe.

Speaking of food, the Ng-Ult pair are back from Hawaii and they brought presents! A jar of Passion Fruit-Orange-Guava preserves. Insanely tasty. AND a perfect selection of mochi from Two Ladies Kitchen. Oh. My. Goodness. The picture doesn't do these lovelies justice. I think my favorite was the one at the top right - brownie inside. Yum.

Finally, to those of you who suspect I've given up physical books for electronic ones, I say pish-posh. I happened to find myself in the Marina this week and dropped in to Books, Inc. Of course there were lots of tasty morsels, but I managed to escape with just one selection and a handful of cards. "City of Thieves", by David Benioff. Hope it's good. I'll be bringing it with me when I go up to the Russian River for a weekend getaway.

That's all for now.

 

No comments: