Saturday, March 2, 2013

Trying Out Blogsy

I continue my quest for a possible new blog service or a decent blogging tool for mobile postings. Text is a none issue. It's the handling of images that drives me. Blogspot/Blogger is fine for now, but I still miss how Posterous handled grouping of pictures. We'll see how Blogsy does.

I'm watching after the Ng-Ult feline horde. Since cats are involved, posting some pics is required. Katja is descended from the Ng cat clan. Angel and Long are siblings to Katja, though not of the same litter. Both of these fluffs dominate my lap when I'm visiting, Long in particular. The other felines, with the exception of Jasmine, eye me with suspicion, occasionally sit near me, but generally just do their own thing when I drop by.

Angel
Long

So far I'm finding the Blogsy interface a little buggy, but as I'm using it for the first time I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until I've used it more. I watched a few of the how to videos and will watch the others.

I'm interested to see how the image sizes post. Adjusting the size is pretty easy in Blogsy, which is nice, though some of the settings are dependent on the image hosting site. I might try playing around with thumbnail sizes to see what sort of flexibility I can get out of the tool. Placing the images via dragging and dropping is convenient, but sometimes it doesn't land where I want it to and there doesn't seem to be a way to move it once it's been dropped onto the page, so I kept having to delete the image and add it back again.

Tulips! I think it's almost tulip season.

Tulips!

As I was looking for pics to play with, I found some old birds-in-the-backyard pics. I can't remember if I ever posted on either of these, but at the risk of repeating myself years later...

SF Parrots!

One Saturday morning I woke to a terrible cacophony. The cats were in a frenzy at the bedroom windows. I dragged myself out from under the covers and peaked through the curtains to see what was doing on. It took a minute, but then I saw them. Parrots. A whole colony of them, rampaging the berries from the yard. And this not long after I had seen the documentary, The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill. Total coolness.

I haven't seen the parrots since, so that morning is a special memory. But I do see other birds. Like this lovely guy. I tried to find him in my Audobon bird book, but was not successful. Anyone know what he is?

Bad Bird!

I'm chilling out at the Slacker's today, doing laundry and watching movies. Now playing, the 2011 The Thing. Later I hope to see Ebru.

1 comment:

thistle said...

what feline shmexiness! I DO miss those wonderful Bay area parrots, oh the noise and the mess under the trees they would make!!