Friday, June 13, 2008

Bedroom Oasis on its Way!

My new bedroom furniture arrived today and is now set up and looking lovely (I'd post a picture, but frankly I can't get a decent angle), As always, the furniture appears bigger in the room then in the show room, but there is still plenty of room . I just have to decide if I want to rearrange at all. For now it is okay. I just need to decide on my paint, so I can redo the walls -- they are in dire need of a new coat of paint. I'm still leaning towards something in the green family with maybe brown and red accents. What I think I'd really like is brown velvet curtains with an under curtain of sheer dark red, like a brick red. That would look cool if the green was right, though Walker thinks the red will cancel out the green making it all look more brown... what do I know of color? I shall have to experiment... maybe instead of red I should consider a pale and light, but bright, green, like lime or something. Ah, we shall see, we shall see. I shall go to the paint shop tomorrow for the base color and start there.

On another note, Linda was back on site this week after a few weeks of away that turned out to be most unpleasant for her -- Poor Linda! The low point was when she and Sister Judy (her sister-in-law) were driving along a highway in Montana somewhere at a mere 78 m.p.h. in a nice convertible rental car when suddenly they smashed into a large buck! Of course the car was totaled, though thankfully, and through some miracle, neither Linda or Judy were hurt. We can, therefore, offer up our sympathies to the poor buck. But, for those of you who know Linda, you can imagine her speeding along only to find a large male deer in her lap! Poor Judy had to be driven off in the police cruiser -- I won't say why, because it would be indelicate -- but Sister Judy did note the lack of legroom in the back there off the cruiser!

Speaking of Linda, we talked a bit about my plan for a trip out to Montana. It is currently planned for early Fall. Her husband is quite the outdoorsman and we've talked a bit about me going hunting or fishing with him. But to be frank, I'm a soft touch, regardless of my marksmanship. And then, when Linda starting talking about hunting geese, and how geese mate for life and that when you hunt geese you therefore try to get both of them at the same time... well, how could I? My hope is for fishing... I think I could do that! I'm so looking forward to visiting them... it will be so cool to go to Montana.

1 comment:

thistle said...

Oh I have been wanting to learn how to fish as of late! I would appreciate my own first personally experience of capturing my own creature to for eating. Mom n her at-that-time boyfriend went deer hunting once and I never saw the animal, but did grind up the meat with suet in the kitchen.

As for reds and greens.... there are two types of color bases, blue and yellow. You would want to make sure your green and red have the same base. I think if you go with a nice, light sage green and a blood or mahogany-ish red, that would look delish. But then again, you said red velvet.... that always makes me salivate. Maybe you can just do a red velvet wallpaper!

Oh, one more thing (lolz)... you perked my interest in beds for my california king mattress (just web browsing!), and I came across a bed that is almost 10k! Can you believe?? http://http://tinyurl.com/6dzoqt/