Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dinner with Linda

I had a great night tonight. Went out to dinner with our Linda (of the buck on the dashboard fame). We went to Pacific Catch, where I drowned myself in their delicious Dark and Stormy cocktail -- or cocktails, if I must confess -- and sweet potatoe fries. Linda is a total work-a-holic, so getting her out to dinner is always fun because she gets to chill for a little while and I get to hear some great stories. Linda is a wonderful story teller and I just wish I could some how put her voice into my telling of her stories, but I fail. It was lots of fun and not just because of the two Pisco Sours (Linda) and three Dark and Stormies (me).

Then I came home and was somehow inspired to ride my recently re-powered lifecycle. Well, I can't really count 12 minutes as exercise, but at least I got on the thing!

Now I'm here doing a rare blog update and with really not much to say. Keiko is racing and leaping around the place as if she was being chased by some horrific monster while Katja looks on with a certain disdain and distant humor and I sit on my new bed typing away. A lovely domestic scene in the Snarfffable household.

We are over the week hump and now I just have Thursday and Friday to trudge through. But I look forward to the rest of the week... dinner with the Quasar of Rage tomorrow night, perhaps a quiet night of battlegrounds Friday night and then a cute little 1-year old's first birthday party on Saturday. Life could definitely be much, much worse -- seriously.

No comments: