Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cook with YOUR Heart!

I was very disappointed with the outcome of Top Chef this week. First of all, the arrogance of Stefan and Hosea thinking that they only competition they had was each other -- regardless of Carla's later poor decisions -- was stomach churning. Guys get over yourselves. All you proved is what we all already know -- you have to have faith and confidence in yourself.

This is where Carla lost it. Here we have a gifted and talented woman chef who doesn't want to ruin someone in the process of achieving victory. A woman who cooks lovely and, from her progress in the show, yummy food. Who's confidence in herself progressed from the beginning all the way until the very last episode. Her she loses it and takes advice from her sous chef -- a previous LOSER -- on what to cook. Carla, honey, cook your OWN food your OWN way with your OWN heart!

But I suppose I should be relieved it was Hosea who won and not Stefan. Stefan's disrespectful brand of arrogance brings out the worst in me.

But now we have American Idol, so my reality show compulsion has a new line of focus. I do have to say that some of the 36 have been sounding pretty darn bad. I feel for them and the stress. But I had to cringe at a few of the performances. I do look forward to getting the final 12 decided.

Until next time!

2 comments:

JoeEuphonium said...

And so we learn a valuable lesson from Top Chef... NICE GUYS FINISH LAST! :(

Snarfff said...

Ain't that far too often the case? Makes me most angry.