Wednesday, February 11, 2009

In the Snarfffable T.V. News...

Every once in a while a t.v. commercial comes along that just makes me giggle, say to friends, "hey, did you catch that commercial for...", and has me hitting the back button when skipping through a Tivo recording. It has been quite a while since I've seen such a commercial, but it's here. It seems that this particular one first aired during the Superbowl... I must have been chatting with the girls when it aired cause I'm sure I would have remembered it...



"Mmmm, mushy mush..." Where's my melon baller? Go Hulu.

On another t.v. related note, I'm in reality t.v. overload. A.I. has been going along just dandy. Today they selected the 36 contestants who will start the public voting part of the competition. I think it's a good group of interesting and talented performers. We've got the crazy ones (split personalities, drama queens) and the heart wrenchers, the ones you love to hate and the ones you just love cause they are just so freakin' cute... I'm so ready to vote! But why is it that the one truly irritating and annoying one comes from SF? Well, she may be a weirdo, but she does have a great voice, so I say, bring it Tatianna!

Then there's Top Chef. Down to the final 4 tonight and I'm happy to say my favs made it... Karla, the lovely, long, lean Southern lady who reminds me of an graceful crane and who makes beautiful and simple food and Stefan, who I don't really like cause he's just an arrogant ass, but whose food looks very good, very tasty and creative and I wouldn't mind chowin' down on some of those little bites. Meh to the other two. They don't impress me much. But during the show Fabio did totally make me laugh when, after messing up his finger and being asked if he wants to go to the hospital says, "Hospital? I'll chop it off and sear it on the flat top so it doesn't bleed any more and tomorrow I'll deal with nine fingers." No wimpiness there... but I will say with complete certainty that if he was racing through the kitchen, slipped and dislocated his elbow he wouldn't be saying the same thing... :-)

2 comments:

Cheryl Czekala said...

OMG, thanks so very much for linking us to that ad! I made it a point to pay attention to some of the commercials during the game, but, despite obviously expensive production values, they left me cold. I missed this one, and it's f-ing funny!

JoeEuphonium said...

The commercials are one of the top three reasons why I watch the superbowl... the other two... food ... Family