Sunday, February 22, 2009

Elbow Update

Just wanted to give an update on the elbow. Despite the ibroprofen setback, I'm still improving. Yesterday, for the first time, I was able to bend my arm back enough to touch my thumb to my shoulder! Last time I had seen my surgeon I told him in no uncertain terms that I was determined to do that, and I know can! I look forward to the time when I can do it without having my left arm help me on the way!

Straightening the elbow is better, too. At PT last week we got it within 5 and 10 degrees of being straight! Woo Hoo!

Pronation and supination is still tough, but we make progress. Both get pretty far now. I think at one point we got supination to 75 degrees!

So, progress continues!

3 comments:

JoeEuphonium said...

*smooches* That is sooo awesome Bethums! I am soo proud of you. You are truly rocking hard in your PT. I am just swelling so much for ya that I almost want to burst into tears of happy! *huggles* Keep working it!

Mucho amor para ti.

Cheryl Czekala said...

Excellent news! You'll be doing handstands any day now...

xoxo

Snarfff said...

Oh, God, at the thought of handstands I nearly passed out..! I shake just thinking about grabbing a handrail if I should stumble...