Saturday, March 8, 2014

Alviso Marsh

Today I went down to my slacker brother's for a visit. Since I arrived a bit too early - I try not to show up before 11:30 a.m. as Slacker likes to sleep in on the weekend - I decided to go out to the Alviso Marina area to try out the new circular polarizer I'd gotten for my 20mm prime. Here are the some of my shots.

I've done a shot like this before, but I love the grass out in the marsh, with these little canals threading their way through.
Some abstract art. At first I thought it was a shuffling zombie.
Pretend Panorama.

Once at my brother's, we chilled out watching movies while I did laundry. I had lots of snugglelishishness with Idunna, a nice treat as normally she only has purrs for The Slacker. Sadly, I had to cut my visit a bit short as I needed to drive up the 680 to John and Sue's for a sleepover. As always, visiting them relaxes me. We had dinner at the local Italian place and then hung out chatting about quilts and fabric and photography. I have the best friends!

After signing off here, I'm going to curl up in the guest bed with my new kindle, a gift received just today from The Slacker, and hopefully get some kitten snuggle action.

 

2 comments:

Cheryl Czekala said...

Awesome pictures. Enjoy your sunggle time!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pictures. The abstract art DOES look like a shuffling Zombie....