Sunday, March 16, 2014

Yay, Got Myself a Macro Lens

I've been coveting the Panasonic 45mm macro lens for months, but resisted buying it until I'd been using Madge long enough to decide if I really wanted a macro lens. Plus, it's not a cheap piece of glass, which made me hold off even longer than whether or not I really wanted the lens.

I was only going into the photography store to check out some photo technique books, get some new cleaning tools, ask a few questions and do some reconnaissance on lenses. I had no intention of buying a new lens. I swear. Honestly. But once I had her on Madge, well, I just couldn't resist.

Here it is, the Panasonic Leica Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 MEGA O.I.S. lens. Isn't she pretty?

I was visiting The Dave today so I didn't get to play around with her too much, but I did take a few experimental shots using Viddy as my model. And when I say this lens let me get up in his face I do mean right up in his face. Like an inch from his nose.

A shy Vidar. "Oh, no, really, I don't think I'm a good model."
What a lovely eyeball!
Glistening snozzle close-up.
Fur and whisker detail.

Viddy got used to the lens pretty fast. I think his initial shyness was an act.

Can't wait to try her out on some flowers or bugs or some tiny little thing.

 

No comments: