Friday, March 7, 2014

Snail Mail

I continue to try and keep up with my snail mail correspondence. A while back I confessed my card acquisition compulsion - this continues unabated, I fear. My latest is having a little correspondence pouch that I take with me when I'm going out for the day, or away for the night, just in case I have time to jot off a note or letter. It's a pink "leather" iPad mini case from an Etsy Hong Kong person. I say "leather" because though the vendor claims it's leather, it is like no leather I've seen before. Smooth and subtle like suede, but thicker and softer. It may be leather or it may be some leather byproduct. Regardless, I dig it and it is the right size for cards, stamps, stickers and a nice writing instrument. I came up with a design for my own pouch, and though my idea was a good one, I found I lacked the sewing skills, hand or otherwise, to carry it off without it looking like a first grade art project.

The fruits of my writing labors are bearing actual fruit. Perhaps I shouldn't say "actual fruit" as you may imagine bananas, oranges and pineapples filling up my mailbox. I'm relying on you catching my meaning. Heh. Anyway, as I was saying, fruits of my labors and whatnot... I continue to exchange a lively, interesting and frequent correspondence with my friend in Montana (there's only one and you know who you are) and others are starting to write back to me. I also continue to get great postcards from my world travelling friends! There is something so wonderful about opening the mailbox and finding a postcard or note or letter from someone you know and love nestled amidst the junk mail and bills. A little card with the words "I love you" written in the hand of a dear friend is truly priceless. One day I came home and had THREE separate items in the mailbox; a letter, a postcard, and a Valentine's Day card! All from different people! In one day! I was on Cloud 9 and full of joy!

To and From
An over-flowing pouch of correspondence goodness.

 

1 comment:

Cheryl Czekala said...

What a wonderful harvest for your efforts, Beth! And I love the portfolio!