Monday, March 17, 2014

Playing with Mac: She's a Nice Lens

My inclination to anthropomorphize certain inanimate objects is silly, yet here I am doing it again. I'd like to point out that I have not felt the need to name my 20mm prime - a lens I love - nor have a named my zoom or attributed any personality to either of them. Nonetheless, we have Mac now. And Mac is a she.

Mac, Madge and I wandered around the Conservatory of Flowers after work to take some photos. It became clear very quickly how important a tripod is when using the macro lens. When getting up really close all the shake you have with hand holding becomes more obvious. Despite that, I'm happy with my shots. A few are here. The rest are in my Conservatory of Flowers flickr set.

I love the grain of the clay and the bits of moss.
Mother Nature has a weird sense of humor.
Pink and yellow - how lovely they compliment each other.

Mac likes to get close. You've been warmed.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Wow these photos are great. The 3rd one is definitely my fave! What kind of flower is that???