Monday, November 5, 2007

Scarves

Before I forget, here are a couple of pictures of my two recent scarves. The grey one with the cables was taken from knitty.com -- the Elbac Scarf to be exact. I used Debbie Bliss's cashmerino. It worked up very fast and once I picked up the pattern is was easy as pie. It was made for my stepmom. I'd been trying to make a scarf for her for a long time but hadn't found the right yarn or the right pattern. This was was perfect. She loves it.



The second scarf is from the book, Scarf Style, by Pam Allen. The pattern is Misty Garden, by Jo Sharp. Again, this worked up super fast and was super easy. It's a great pattern for a verigated yarn. I cannot, though, remember which yarn I used. This one I made for my fellow project manager (my other half in my current world). She says she loves it, too!



Now I'm working on another pattern for a special friend. This one is a much more complicated pattern than I've worked on before, but since it is a surprise I cannot reveal more details here. The issue for me will be whether or not I can actually finish it in time for Christmas! Uh, maybe I should get to work!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The pattern and the color that you made for your other half is really pretty. It looks complicated though. The other one looks so soft and comfortable -- not itchy!!