Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Turkey Day Cometh

Home Entertainment Update: On Sunday I managed to set up my new TV. It was an adventure. Sure enough, Andreas was able and willing to help me get the TV into the house -- which he carried in himself. Getting the old TV out was another task not so easily accomplished. First, the old thing weights a lot! Even with the two of us it was hard to get out to the car. Then, of course, we couldn't fit it into the Germans new-used -- heh -- bright green, window-tinted Cavalier (ewwww). We were, luckily, able to get it into the front set of my car, so now the Germans have a nice TV for their use while here. But we are not getting any younger, that's for sure. Andreas pulled a muscle in his neck and my back is just starting to relax days later. Ah, well, such is life.

My new TV looks beautiful. I was worried about the TV picture, but it's okay. Movies look really good and, of course, the computer connection is awesome.

Turkey Day Planning: I left work early today so I could get to the store before it got too crazy. Once again I have bought way too much food and spent more money than I should. I just can't help myself. I love entertaining and I'm too lazy to go to a bunch of different stores to get the groceries. Andronico's is great, but it ain't cheap! It is money well spent, though. I got a nice Turkey Breast (I found a recipe on epicurean.com that looks tasty without too much work), fish for Esther, stuffing, potatoes for mashing, 5 bottles of wine, two pies, beans, carrots, cheese, crackers, blah blah blah. It will be a lot of food. Only the Germans will be over for dinner, but my usual crew will show up for dessert. By the end of the evening there will be about 12 of us enjoying each other's company.

On that note, I send out joyful greetings and wish all of you who read my blog a Happy Thanksgiving and I send much affection.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Snarfffy.

thistle said...

are you playing wow on your tv now? thats dangerously addictive!