Friday, October 24, 2008

Exfoliating the Bird

I'm preparing for our "Thanksgiving in October" dinner tomorrow -- maybe this will be a tradition -- and have brined my first bird. 16 pounds of fleshy goodness is now fully exfoliated with kosher salt and soaking in a nice bath of cold water. Tomorrow, she heads to the sauna!

In case any of you have forgotten about another non-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving, you can expect more of the same. Given the amount of wine and vodka I currently have and with the expectation of prosecco and heaven only knows what else on the horizon, I can only say Sunday will truly be a day of rest.

Does this mean I won't be making another turkey come late November? Hmmmm, who knows... maybe I'll feel like cooking fish instead...

1 comment:

Paco Taco Mike said...

Oooh Exciting! Have fun!