Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After Christmas

I am back at home now after my little visit to the Humphries Household for Christmas. Boy, did we have a great dinner, a la Suie. Roast pork, veggies, crunchy potatoes, salad. Ian even cut my meat for me! I am totally spoiled!

Sue took me to PT today. Bits of improvement of some things... Can bend the arm to about 125 degrees, straightening is still in the 130 degree range per the doctor's request, pronation at about 80 or 85 degrees. Supination still the struggle. Managed 5 degrees on my own, but not much further with Mary Edna doing her magic. Maybe by next week I'll get it out to 10 degrees. I got copies of my disability paper work in the mail and in the section of physical impairment Kaiser checked me off as Class 5! That's, like, the worst. "Severe limitation of functional capacity; incapable of minimum (sedentary) activity (75-100%)." Yikes! Class 4 is "moderate limitation of functional capacity; capable of clerical/administration (sedentary) activity (60-70%)." I guess Class 5 is on target for my current state, even though it sounds so awful. If I had to go back to work right now, it would be seriously hard. I'm not even sure I could get through a full day. As it is, even doing little things part of the day, like going out to lunch or socializing, is exhausting. But I think that will start getting better soon, as I try to do a bit more each day. My mood has been pretty good this week. Some little rough spots just before time for pain meds, but overall okay.

Tonight I am off to the Walrus Arms for dinner. I'm really looking forward to it...

1 comment:

SookyBrickhouse said...

It will get better. My knee was a 5 after surgery and I can still kick the hell out of someone if I choose to. I am actually better at kicking since I can't run at 100 % and need to make sure they are down long enough for me to get away.