Thursday, December 18, 2008

Patience Must Win Out

Those of you who know me well know that I am not the most patient of peeps. I tend towards spontaneity, want to finish things once I start them, can't stand slow drivers, etc. PT today was a painful - literally - reminder of how I am going to have to find some way to achieve patience in my elbow's recovery. I'll need reminders.

In an earlier post I said I'd find out how many degrees of supination I have... well, not enough to measure accurately. If the doctor thinks I'll get 45 degrees back, at least, then the less than 5 degrees I have now makes achieving 45 feel impossibly daunting. That said, I really have only just begun. Who knows, by the end of next week perhaps I'll hit that first measurement.

I told my Uncle in an email this week that I could see some positives in this whole miserable accident, and I do. But today it's harder to appreciate.

Bear with me as I go through this. SP and I have talked about acknowledging one good thing we do each day... mine today was taking a short solo walk. Seems funny to say that's my one good thing worth noting, but after nearly 4 weeks, it's something.

4 comments:

JoeEuphonium said...

Oh Beth! There are going to be days like this that's for sure. However I believe you just have to much spark in ya to let days like this get you down for long. I believe in the you of a few days ago that was ready to kick ass and take names and I think that part of you definitely dominates! We waffles ya Beth! You can do it! *huggles*

Snarfff said...

Thanks, Joe! That encouragement it much appreciated. I will try not to let the turkeys get me down!

Cheryl Czekala said...

That solo walk certainly IS an accomplishment, dear Beth! You are very brave!

Keep "finding" your breath, and then breathe deeply. It is sometimes the only method I have to keep from jumping out of my skin!

(((Beth)))) hugs!

JoeEuphonium said...

*SNL Spartan Cheer*
GooooooOOOOOOO BETH!!!

... SUPERSTAR! >.<