Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Lovely Day Out

I had a lovely afternoon out today. Originally the plan was to take in a movie with Kathleen but I just couldn't get into the grove of any of the movies listed. I thought, briefly, of just staying home and chilling on the couch, but I really wanted to see Kathleen, and that was definitely the right path to take. First, it was a lovely day in the city; a perfect temperature and clear blue skies. I picked K up and we took the car to be washed -- boy did my little Honda need a wash: I confess, I hadn't had it washed since my trip to Montana in September! Then we decided to go have lunch. I wasn't sure where to go, but I drove down towards Hayes Valley and, much to my amazement, found a parking spot totally by chance. I figured that was kismet. We walked along Hayes and went into the shops. Lots of lovely things but nothing really worth the money. I called Walker and we met up at Absinthe for mid-afternoon lunch. It was my first time there and it was just dandy. I had a great ham and cheese sandwich and for dessert, yum, chocolate pot de créme. Take me to paradise!

Oh, and gosh yes, I did do a bit of shopping while in those shops. Purchases: a cute little top for the little Gina-girl, a bright grass green umbrella just in time for rain later this week, a tote bag at 70% off from my favorite travel shop, Flight 001, oh, and some gourmet chocolates.

I'm home now and ready for a quiet evening. I played WoW for the first time in ages last night, so I may give it a go again tonight. Playing did make me pretty stiff, so if I play again I have to make sure to stretch my arm a few times.

Tomorrow it's off to the Humphries' household for the Super Bowl. It will be the usual crowd and I am looking forward to it. While I know nothing about football, nor do I care much for it, I'm going to root for the Steelers. They've got a tough sounding name.

No comments: