Sunday, January 18, 2009

Torture Hat Complete

Finished my therapy hat last night. When I started the hat I could only manage a few stitches at a time, but it improved over time. By the time I finished I could manage knitting for maybe 5 minutes at a time. Next attempt will be socks.

The hat design itself started out as a simple seed stitch pattern but it looked a bit boring so I added a ridge just by doing a few rows of purl and then moved into a straight stockinette. I knitted an inch or so around before starting to reduce. When I finally got to the end I wasn't sure how to finish it off and ended up doing several inches of I-cord and then ending it off with a little leaf made with simple increases and decreases. I figure if it doesn't look good on a head it will make a nice tea cosy.

5 comments:

Cheryl Czekala said...

I'm sure it will look on someone's head! Congrats on finishing a knitting project! I can't knit with TWO good hands!

Hugs.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just Me Mike said...

congrats!!! *accidently posted using another account! :-/

JoeEuphonium said...

I know Tori would luv it!

thistle said...

yeah, I wanna see a picture of this thing on your head now...... and it never crossed my mind you were knitting with your "bad" hand, lol.... that's amazing bethums!