Tuesday, September 23, 2008

California Here I Come

Well, I've updated my blog with some of my other stuff and now I'm posting today's current info.

I left Portland around 11:00 a.m. after a relaxing morning at The Edgefield and a tasty breakfast. I decided I didn't want to drive the whole Oregon coast so I drove first to Eugene and then cut across on Rt. 126 to Rt. 101.

I had planned to stop at the Dunes, but I realized I was kinda tired and really didn't want to stop, so I just continued south.

Overall it wasn't a very exciting drive. I am either too tired or have seen too many beautiful sites on this trip... but the Pacific remains beautiful.

I'm now at yet another Best Western, this one in one of the beach towns in Oregon, right before the California border. Can't remember the name of the town, but it starts with a B. The room is a bit pricey and smells funny, but I've got a little porch, I am looking out at the Pacific, and I can hear the waves hitting the beach... which is what is most important for me right now. Hopefully the people next store won't go out on their balcony every time they want to smoke, cause I want to keep the window open...

Some random pics from the drive today...









Tomorrow morning I head home. My hope is to make it back to the kitties by the end of the day... I look forward to seeing my girls again... miss them...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, amazing trip, amazing pictures. Thank you for sharing it all - felt like I was on vacation too! Be safe on your way home to your bad, bad, kitties.