Thursday, September 11, 2008

Want to go NOW!

I'd like to leave for Montana right now...

But, as it is, I'm now trying to do all the get ready steps. I had the car serviced. I read up on driving in snowy weather, just in case. I have my maps ready for the drive there. I've done laundry. I washed most of the dishes. I'm getting stuff ready as I blog.

Maybe I should just stay in Montana. I'm sure I could find a job out there. The trade offs: ocean for no ocean; mild SF weather for freezing cold winters; urban environment for, well, Montana; liberal politics for libertarian politics... okay, I've talked myself out of it. But I know it will be beautiful and I am looking forward to spending time with the Woodens. I expect it to be a most enjoyable trip. I just hope I haven't bit off more than I can chew with the drive. Only time will tell. Bellhops will keep us all posted.

And on another note, I've added a new blog to my blog list -- http://blog.sina.com.tw/apple58182001/. This one is my friend's sister's blog. She's from Taiwan (if I remember correctly), so there's no English happening here... what is important, however, is the KITTIES!!!!! She rescues kitties from certain doom, brings them home and takes care of them, and then... can't give them away!!! So she has a lot of them... I mean, a lot! She's totally a crazy cat lady! And we love her because of that!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG - waaaay too many bad kitties. Clearly, they have her under some mind control spell.

Be safe during your travel to Montana. I hope you have a wonderful time exploring the highways between here and the state where cow tipping is probably an intercollegiate sport. Then again...we have side shows and hyphy.

I digress. Have a wonderful time. Be safe, be well and I'll be thinking about you, as always.

Steve Gallagher said...

Go on and get out of here already!!! You deserve a great vacation. BTW - If you do decide to stay in Montana, perhaps you could lock Linda in a shed and assume her identity. This would save lots of time on making new friends and finding the man of your dreams.

Have fun!

Cheryl Czekala said...

Be safe! Be well! Have tons of fun! (Wish I was going with you...)
Oh, and DO come back to us. What would we do without you?