Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chillin in Portland

Woke up this a.m. tired from the long drive but ready to get moving. Drove into Portland to go to Powell's Books as I didn't quite know when I should try to hook up with Barbara. It turned out Portland was doing a Race for the Cure so there was all sorts of downtown chaos. By this time it was already 9:30, so I just went ahead and called Barbara and we agreed to meet at the bookstore cafe. Despite being there for 3 hours -- much of it just catching up with Barbara -- I managed to keep my book purchases to a minimum, though I wouldn't be adverse to stopping in again before I go. I didn't really do much else other than hang out with Barbara just chatting away on all sorts of great topics.

Her husband, James, cooked a great stew for dinner and we spent the rest of the night chatting and enjoying a fire. It was especially nice to talk politics again with folks who have similar viewpoints So, all in all a chill day. Tomorrow we shall do some sight seeing.

No comments: