Sunday, September 21, 2008

Portland, Or

Well, I'm just about to leave the hotel and head to downtown Portland. I'm going to go to Powell's first... not sure how early I can call Barbara, so I figured Powell's could be a good meeting place.

It is dreary outside. It pretty much started to get dreary once I got about halfway through Clearwater National Park -- which was beautiful by the way. I'll have to post pictures later... I fear I will get behind in the blog now because I couldn't really post anything last night since I ended up driving so much longer than I intended...

But some highlights until then...

Clearwater National Park was beautiful. I took my time driving through it.
Northern Idaho, pretty. After you are out of the trees beautiful big open fields and rolling hills.
Southeast Washington along Rt. 12. Windy. Really, really windy.
Columbia River, big.
Rt. 84 West in Northern Oregon. It was dark by the time I got there, so I didn't see much... in fact, I'm totally bummed because I essentially missed everything along the Columbia River, including the damns and the Columbia River Gorge area... well, I'll just have to save it for another time.

Pictures will follow later...

No comments: